Wednesday, December 26, 2007

2007 in Review: The "Best Seven-Inch That I Wish was a Full LP" Award

This award, in honor of unfortunate brevity, is given to:

The “Too Good Not to Mention” Award:
Glimpses of Another World
Vee Dee
Criminal IQ

Much to my chagrin, Vee Dee’s upcoming double LP will not be out by the end of the year, so I don’t have a chance to put it on the 2007 list. I remain confident that it will rate highly on the 2008 list. In the intervening time, those of you who’ve worn out your copies of Furthur need to pick up the Glimpses of Another World single, which goes from great to more great to “someone get me roll of paper towels and tell me where the nearest bathroom is.” There’s no excuse not to have it. If you don’t have a turntable, get off your ass and buy one.

No comments: